Cause of Basement Leaks in Fairfax, Alexandria & Arlington, VA
A leaky basement is one of the common household problems. In our daily hectic lives, we often ignore our basement problems. But, a simple basement leak problem can eventually result in bigger damages like mold and mildew growth, foundation damage, water damage, and more. it is important to fix the issue right away.
Summit Waterproofing corrects the drainage and water flow problems contributing to water leaks and dampness in your basement area. We also provide complete waterproofing systems, both inside and outside of your home. We deal with water problems ranging from unfinished, damp basements to flooded, finished basements. Along with repairing leaks, we fix the drainage and water flow problems that lead to water leaks and dampness. Our team has the knowledge and experience to transform your wet musty basement into a dry and healthy usable space in Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Middleburg, Ruby, and other Virginia cities that we serve.
Schedule a FREE Estimate
Fields with (*) are required.
Why Do Basement Leaks Occur in Virginia?
- Window Well: Window well is one of the main reasons why unwanted water makes its way into the basement. If it doesn’t have proper drainage or the drain is clogged or blocked because of debris, or, the well is not accurately installed, water cumulates in the well. During heavy rain that water seeps into your basement. Even if your window is defect-free, the pooled water in the well will start leaking into your basement.
- Hydrostatic Pressure: Our ground is saturated with water to a certain extend. The level of saturated soil beneath the ground is called the water table. During heavy rain or melting snow, the soil absorbs the water. After being fully saturated when the soil can no longer absorb water, the water table rises. As a consequence hydrostatic pressure (water pressure) forms, pushing the water through your basement walls and floor.
- Lateral Pressure: When your house was built the soil was dug and backfilled. Therefore the soil surrounding your house is not fully compact. The less-dense the soil is the more it can absorb water. After heavy rain, absorbing a lot of water, the soil starts to expand and creates lateral pressure (pressure from sideway) against the foundation. It causes cracks in the basement walls and water easily leaks through.
- Faulty Plumbing: If any pipe is leaky inside your home, it can result in the pipe to burst and ultimately flood your basement.
- Inadequate Sump Pump: The purpose of the sump pump is to pump away water from the floor and foundation so that the water doesn’t gather under the floor. But due to poor maintenance, it fails to divert the water away, resulting in water leaking into the basement.
How Does Water Get into a Basement?
- Floor and wall cracks
- Cove joints
- Mortar joints
- Foundation walls
- Window wells
- Porous concrete
Signs of a Water Leak in the Basement
- Mold and Mildew
- Water stains on wall and floor
- Rust stain on the metal surface
- Damp and crack on wall and floor
- Water bugs
Why Choose Summit Waterproofing?
- Free estimate
- 24/7 Rapid response
- Fully insured and certified company
- Own trained full-time employees
Contact Summit for Basement Waterproofing Services in Middleburg, VA
At Summit Waterproofing, we deal with water problems ranging from unfinished, damp basements to flooded, finished basements. Along with repairing leaks, we fix the drainage and water-flow problems that lead to water leaks and dampness in Aldie, Boston, Middleburg, Ruby, Warrenton, and throughout Northern Virginia. Our team has the knowledge and experience to transform your wet musty basement into a dry and healthy usable space. We put all of our inspectors and installers through rigorous training and only use our own full-time employees on projects. When you need our services, contact us online or give us a call at 703-832-4949 to schedule a service or get additional information.